Saturday 30 April 2011

Apple Blossom Continued!

This is a tiny thankyou card made from the Apple Blossom Hostess Gift set.  I wasn't sure what to make using this particular stamp, so I stamped using Real Red Ink onto Very Vanilla cardstock.  I then coloured in one of the dots using a Real Red marker.  I then discovered I was not as good at colouring in as I once thought.  So I covered up my mistake with a tiny butterfly.  I think I like my mistake.  My main motivation for making mini cards, is the dead-cute little matching Very Vanilla tiny envelopes you can buy.  It is also a great way of using your scrap cardstock.


I am very partial to Old Olive cardstock and think it goes nicely with pink.  I stamped Old Olive Ink onto Old Olive cardstock to get a nice tonal effect.  I folded the butterflies adhered them with clear glue dots which gave it a 3-dimensional look, with the butterflies appearing to 'land' on the page.

Ness

No comments:

Post a Comment