Saturday 23 April 2011

Getting Started with the whole blogging thing...

Happy Easter!  I have just sat down to write my first entry and it got me thinking to another place, another time...  About 11 years ago, I started seeing this guy who used to write all about himself and what he got up to and he then posted it on the Internet.  I remember thinking at the time:  Is this guy serious?  WHO would be interested in his everyday goings on?  I had to stop seeing him as I just thought the whole thing was ridiculously self centred.  I am just smiling to myself now, as here I am, 11 years later, writing about my goings on, hoping that someone might read my blog!  Who knew he would be such a trail-blazer?  So, Darren, wherever you are- thanks!

My first entry is talking about an album I made for a work colleague.  This was challenging as, being a work colleague, there were no photos of her.  What I decided to do, was to send out an email to 40 of her workmates and got them to fill out a questionnaire about her.  The questions/sentence starters were:  I met Kerry... My first impressions of her were...Three words to describe Kerry:  Favourite memory:  My wish for her...

This format worked really well, as it added structure and uniformity to the album.  I purchased a 6x6 album and then copied and pasted their answers.  Each person had a page which I then decorated.  My boss' favourite colour is red, so I went for a black white and red theme, inspired by Stampin'Up!'s  'Love letter' collection of papers.  I alternated to pages with Real Red and Basic Black cardstock.  I then used my favourite stamp set of the moment: Clearly for You (from the Stampin'Up! Autumn/Winter catalogue).  I then got some Whisper White Card Stock and stamped images from the set in Real Red and Basic Black ink.  My favourite effect was printing the background set stamp in black then cutting out an image I had stamped in real red and sticking a Stamin' Dimensional on the back.  My boss is going to love it.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment