Thursday 5 May 2011

Baby Cards from Fox and Friends

As promised, I have included some more cards that I made from the Fox and Friends set from Stampin' Up!  This time I used bright colours to give as birthday cards to toddlers.  The card above was made using the colours Pacific Point and Pumpkin Pie.  These stamps are so great as they pick up the ink nicely and can be mixed and matched.  The giraffe is my favourite.

I like to mat things.  For those new to the craft, matting is layering one piece of card over another to produce a nice frame around something.  Matting sets off things you are trying to highlight. As you can see from the picture, I have matted the striped paper onto Whisper White cardstock then attached it to the plain blue cardstock.


I must love matting things!  I wanted to stamp some images onto Crumbcake patterned cardstock, but wanted it to stand out a little more, so I matted the images onto Pumpkin Pie cardstock using the square scallop punch.  I then used the matching Pumpkin pie Grosgrain ribbon (and matted that too) to run underneath the card.  Lots of people run their ribbon under the mat to give it a nice finish.  I'm afraid I don't do it as I have often stuck all the mats down by the time I think of adding something else.

Back to pastels for my last card today.  I used my favourite colour from the Stampin' Up! range- Baja Breeze.  It is a lovely greeny blue.  I also used a piece of crumbcake patterned paper from the Elegant Soiree Designer paper set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment