Tuesday 10 May 2011

Ok, One More Baby Card(s)!

This is for my friend if she has a girl.  I love the combination of crumbcake and our 'In Colour' Blushing Bride together- very soft, muted colours.  The first card was copied from the Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalogue.  I just turned it pink!  I stamped Fox and Friend images onto Very Vanilla Card stock and then stamped a letter from the Schoolbook Serif Alphabet set, then punched it out using a circle punch.


Using the same colour combinations, I then used my Punch Potpurri set to make the card below.  The set is a Hostess gift for hostesses with party sales of $300 (easy!).  It is called Punch Potpurri as each image has a matching punch.  (this had to be pointed out to me!)  If you look carefully, you can see the background band has the flower images stamped all over the card, giving it a look of patterned paper.  I punched the bird a leaves from the Two step Bird Punch.  Of course, I stuck some Stampin' Dimensionals underneath the heart and the bird to give it a lift.

Another technique I have used here, is my favourite scrapbooking thing and that is inking.  Inking is when you dab a makeup sponge (or a proper dauber) into the ink pad and scrape it past the edge of the image.  It gives a nice vintage edge to the image.  You will see I used it around the heart.

Ness

No comments:

Post a Comment