Monday 24 October 2011

Gift Card Holder

Wow!  It has been a whole month since I've posted something!  I have been in a card making frenzy, now that it is getting close to Christmas.

It is my mum's birthday next week so I wanted to make a card for her.  All three of her girls are giving her cash so she can spend it on a cruise she is going on in January.  I decided to make her a gift card holder and put cash inside it. 

To constuct it, I cut the card into a rectangle of 6 1/2" x  4 1/2" (I have started using inches) and the I scored the card at 1 1/2" and at 4".  I then folded it into eachother and decorated it.  I used brads to secure the pouch at the bottom.  I stamped the design using French Foliage and used the colours:  Always Artichoke, Early Expresso and Soft Suede.

We will be making one of these at the card making day this Sunday, but with a Christmas theme!  See side panel for details.

The holder is smaller than it looks in the picture, but can fit cash or a gift card perfectly.

Ness x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Vanessa! Nice to see again what about you! I like your card a lot and I think your mom is very happy about it.
    love
    Ela

    ReplyDelete