Monday, 21 November 2011
The jury is still out on this card- I just feel something is missing. It actually has a glittery background using the Baroque Motifs Stamp (the florish). I used Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, but I don't think it stands out enough. I am going to try it in red and black glitter next time.
This is another card that we will be making at the Christmas Cardmaking Day in December. This was the first time I had used the Stampin' Up! Heat & Stick Powder. The way you do it is, you stamp onto the cardstock with Versamark, spinkle the Heat & Stick Powder over it, tap it off, heat it with the embossong heat tool, sprinkle glitter on, tap off and then heat again. The Heat and Stick powder is a lot better than just adding glitter. This glitter tends to stay ON the page, rather than flake off.
Stay tuned for different versions of this.
Sunday, 20 November 2011
I stamped the En Francais in the background using Crumbcake ink. I wanted it so light that I stamped it onto some scrap paper so it was very feint. I then stamped one of the trees from the Lovely as a Tree set. I got my glue pen and dotted the glue where I wanted the glitter, I then sprinkled the glitter over it, tapped off the excess and there it was.
The ribbon was easy, as I just cut off a small piece and tied it with twine. As for the greeting, the Teeny Tiny Sentiments set came in handy as the Word Window Punch can be used for all of the greetings.
Below was my first attempt, however, I feel it looks a bit 'busy'
Saturday, 19 November 2011
I was just loving myself silly when I made my pink butterfly cards for my neice and friend, that I decided to repeat the pattern, only use blue instead. Hmm... I think I like the blue better. What do you think?
This is one of the cards we made at the last cardmaking day at my house. I originally did this one in navy, but a work friend of mine wanted me to make her some in red. I used Cherry Cobbler cardstock for the background and Whisper White for the embossed part. I embossed the card by putting through the white cardstock in the Vintage wallpaper folder and running it through the Big Shot. I will take a photo of the Big Shot so you can have a look and what it can do.
For the 'Joy' bauble, I stampped it in Versamark (a clear, somewhat sticky 'ink') and poured embossing powder over it. I tapped off the excess and then heated it with something that looks like a hairdryer. After a few seconds it becomes like a shiny enamel.