Sunday 11 December 2011

The end of an era

Three lovely girls I know are 'graduating' Primary School.  I put the word in inverted commas as I don't know if you technically graduate or just finish.  Anyway, 2 girls I tutor, (Amelia and Amelia!!) and my niece Sophie are all finishing up any day now.  I made them each a card to mark the occasion.


I was trying to think about what stamp set would mark the occasion, but didn't really have a 'graduation' stamp as such, so pulled out a retired set called 'Define Your Life' which is a large set with definitions in it (obviously).  I then cut out panels of the Designer Series Paper called Beau Chateau- it is a lovely coordinated paper set combining Pink Pirouette,  Soft Suede, Very Vanilla and Marina Mist.  I added the bird from the Notably Ornate set to add to the design.

It will be bittersweet watching them go off to high school- part of me wishes they'd stay as is forever!  It is not to be...

Ness xx

No comments:

Post a Comment