Thursday 26 January 2012

Back to School (almost)

Happy Australia Day!  It's a bit wet, but still great to have a holiday mid week!  It's back to school for most kids next week and I know lots of kids starting school and some starting hight schoool!  I remember my first day of Kindy, the bell rang for recess and one boy walked home thinking the day was over!  I had 40 children in my class and my teacher- Mrs Smelcher used to smoke at her desk(!!!)  Olden days!

As I know lots of kids starting a new chapter in their lives, I made them each a card to let them know I am thinking about them.  I used to love getting a card or letter addressed to just me in the letter box (still do, just not a bill)

For these cards, I kept it really simple and used the owl punch.  This punch is great as it is a great way to use up all your scraps (which I hate throwing away).  I assembled them and stuck a couple of Stampin Dimensionals on the back of them to make them stand out and stamped the phrase 'Good Luck' underneath.  The 'good luck' stamp is from the retired set: Basic Phrases, which is really good for, you guessed it - basic phrases.

Here is a close up.

No comments:

Post a Comment